Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Prologue to India


I am a proud citizen of Republic of India or fondly called INDIA. I take pride in being an Indian. I do not believe in hailing from any specific state, any religion, any class, caste and creed or race; but I only believe in being an Indian - a responsible proud Indian. My India has been a home to Indus Valley Civilization and now it has come a long way. Which other country can boast of being so charismatic as my India. On one hand there is a diadem of majestic hills of Himalayas in the North, while on the other its feet are washed by Arabian Sea. With 28 states and 7 union territories, the constituency of India has been deemed as the remarkable democratic country. Accumulation of varied topographical, cultural, racial, religious diversity makes India so extraordinary. “Diversified yet Unified” - this is what my India is.

India is a melting pot where you will find polylingual multiethnic society. Probing in history of India tells us that the major religions vis a vis Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism have found their inception here. Further the multiethnicity of India was intensified by assimilation of Islam and Christianity. Once being colonized by Britain, it has now emerged as a superpower nation capable enough to take challenges and come out as a victor. This “Golden Bird” of world has attracted many people from far and wide since times immemorial.

Visit to India is a complete fun, featuring everything – sacred pilgrimages, legendary heritage, bountiful nature, splendid mountains, meandering rivers, mischievous seas, adventurous trails, docile plains, velvety desert, sedating hill stations, extravaganza of festivities and moments of frolicking. Come to India and feel the bliss of the exceptional country.


Swati

2 comments:

  1. Swati ji nice to see your blog. I was searching for a blog on India as I intended to start a one myself about my beloved India.
    I rarely see women writing on India else usually they post on songs,romance or gender issues etc. nice to see a blog with heading my india. nice views.
    India is miracle, thosands of lanugages, sects, relgions, races. Where do you find such things ?
    Please better labels in blog for better search.
    God bless ! keep posting on India !

    sonu

    ReplyDelete